Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ranch Chicken Enchiladas (or burritos)

We love ranch at our house. When I saw this recipe I knew it was a must try. I am SO glad I did. This is seriously incredible. The best part is that most of it is done in the crockpot all day. Super easy! I've already made this 3-4 times. It's that good. You wont be disappointed I promise!

I found this recipe from The Recipe Critic and just changed it a little

3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used frozen)
1 package chicken taco seasoning
1 package ranch dry seasoning
3/4 cup bottled ranch (plus more for topping)
3/4 cup salsa
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can chicken broth (about 2 cups)
1 package flour tortillas

Place the chicken in a crock pot. Sprinkle taco and ranch seasoning over top. Then pour chicken broth on top and cook on low 4-6 hours. Once done shred the chicken and set aside. (I like to put about 1/4 cup of the juice with the shredded chicken for flavor).
Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
Mix 3/4 cup ranch and 3/4 cup salsa together in a small bowl. Then spread a thin layer of the mixture on the bottom of your pan.
Start assembling the enchiladas (or you can make them into burritos, which is what I preferred. That way it was easy to dish up individual burritos to people) by putting about 2 Tbsp of ranch/salsa mixture on the bottom of the tortilla. then put some shredded chicken on top of that and sprinkle with cheese and roll up. Then I topped each burrito with some extra sauce and extra cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 min or until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
Serve with ranch drizzled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment