Sunday, December 4, 2022

Beef and Cheddar's

 Growing up, we used to go to Arby's often. I LOVED their Beef 'N Cheddar sandwich so much. I hadn't had one in YEARS but came across this recipe idea on Pinterest and thought it would be a fun one to try. I will admit, it doesn't taste like an authentic Arby's sandwich BUT it was REALLY good. All the family raved about it, so I call it a win. I wasn't able to find the 'onion buns' so we just used hamburger buns but I think the onion buns would be absolutely delicious so next time I whip this recipe out I am going to dig for some.

Ingredients

Beef:

2 pounds boneless beef top round roast, thinly sliced (I have found a shaved

steak at my local Smiths and it has quickly become one of my favorite finds!

That is what we use in this recipe and it’s so yummy!!)

1⁄2 cup beef broth

1⁄2 tsp garlic powder

1⁄2 tsp salt

1⁄2 tsp pepper

8 onion hamburger buns, buttered and toasted

Cheese sauce:

1⁄4 cup butter

1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour

2 cups milk

1 Tbsp hot sauce (we omit this)

1⁄2 tsp salt (if using unsalted butter)

3 cups grated cheddar cheese

Directions

In an instant pot, combine the beef, broth, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Secure the lid and seal. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. When the cook time ends, let it naturally release for 10 minutes and then do a quick release. While the beef cooks, in a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Sprinkle in the flour and cook until bubbling. Gradually whisk in the milk, a little at a time, until the sauce is smooth and thick. Whisk in hot sauce and salt. Add the cheddar cheese one handful at a time (to keep it from clumping). Stir until melted and smooth and remove from heat. To serve, top each bun with meat and ladle cheese sauce on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment